WelcomeThe Marin County PTA (Parent Teacher Association of the California Sixteenth District) is comprised of more than 10,000 parents and other concerned adults devoted to the educational success of children and the promotion of parent involvement in schools.
Marin PTA flourishes in 32 schools county-wide. Together with other District and State PTAs, we harness the energy and talents of millions of volunteers to:
- Provide a powerful voice for all children
- Provide relevant resources for families and communities
- Be champions for the education and well-being of every child
Why PTA for Your School?
The term PTA is commonly used to describe any parent group. But the differences between a parent group and a PTA group are many. Here are a few to consider:
- Running a tax-exempt, 501(c) non-profit organization can sometimes be complex -- especially when school volunteers change from year to year. PTA provides training and local help on best practices and the latest regulations in the areas of fundraising, financial duties, membership drives, advocacy and so much more.
- PTA provides highly affordable insurance for its units including $1 million in liability per occurance and covers officers and chair members.
Get Started Now
If you are an existing PTA looking for assistance, please visit our 16th District Board web page to find the right person to assist you.
Thank you to our newly elected Executive Board for helping us to keep our Sixteenth District active! We look forward to continuing to serve our District's PTA and PTSA units!